Planning a Hen Weekend is pretty stressful, making it unique and special to the bride-to-be… that’s even more of a challenge!
See how to make a flower veil, VIP Lanyard and Survival Kit for a festival themed hen party:
- Craft Netting 1/2m of four colours
- Flower Headband
- Needle & Thread
- Cut each colour of netting into a square, each square should be 1 inch smaller than the previous colour. I started at … to give a longer length
- Gather the squares with the largest at the bottom, decreasing in size as you layer.
- Take one corner and wind around the headband several times, check the length by stapling the netting to hold.
- Once you have your desired length, sew to hold the netting in place
- Store the veil with the netting folded to give it a natural flow once worn
Instead of buying sashes for the whole hen party to wear, instead create lanyards which are a lot more personal and less in your face!
Luckily I had access to design software, although i’m no designer, I created these simple designs, printed them onto card and then fed them onto lanyards.
Making things a bit more personal, I tailored a typical Hen Weekend Selfie Challenge with specific challenges for where we were staying and the bride and groom-to-be
Every bride-to-be needs some advice before getting married, this part of the lanyard was filled in and given to the bride-to-be at the end of the weekend
Inspired by Pinterest, we tailored a survival kit to fit in with our festival theme
- Barf Bag: Brown Paper Bag (Also used to hold the other items)
- Fresh Breath: Individually wrapped mints
- All You Need Is Love: Love Heart treats
- Sip Up: Individually wrapped tea bag, perfect for the morning after
- Eat Me: Chocolate treat
- Ease the Pain: Paracetamols
Wrap each of these in tissue paper, stick on a label and hand out to all the guests!